Slow cooked country style pork ribs are a real treat to have for dinner. They are super simple to make and full of savory and sweet flavor depending on how they are made. Just watching and smelling them cook slowly in the pot is enough to make the mouth water.
Here, you will learn how to make my fabulous sweet honey bbq slow cooked country style pork ribs so you can enjoy them yourself for a sweet satisfying meal.
1. Drizzle some vegetable oil into a large pot and begin to heat it on medium heat.
2. Sprinkle the ribs down with some seasonings.
3. Saute the ribs on each side until they are golden brown. This helps add flavor, but don't cook them all the way through or they will become tough. Adding color to the pork should only take about five minutes.
4. Once the meat has color add in the bbq sauce and turn the heat down to simmer, place a lid onto the pan and allow the ribs to slow cook for an hour like this.
5. After the hour is passed you should notice that the pork ribs are absorbing the flavor and color of the sauce. During this time remove the lid so some of the liquid inside can evaporate and the sauce can thicken.
6. Allow the ribs to slowly cook on simmer for another hour or two until the liquid in the pan has reduced in half and is thick again.
7. Serve the sweet honey bbq country style pork ribs up for dinner while they are hot, tender and full of juicy sweet savory flavor.