Box of Penne Pasta
Pound of Ground Sausage
Jar of Marinara Sauce or Make Your Own
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Tablespoon of Dried Parsley
Half Cup of Bread Crumbles
Slice of White Bread Crumbled Up
Salt & Pepper
1. Cook the penne pasta in a large pot of salted water on top of the stove. Then strain the water from the pasta using a strainer and toss the pasta back into the pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and make your sausage meatballs. To make the meatballs, place the crumbled bread, breadcrumbs and eggs into a bowl and combine them together. Next, toss in the ground sausage and spices and combine that together with the bread and egg mixture until you get sausage dough. Then roll out a dozen medium size sausage meatballs with your hands and place them into a greased casserole dish. Wrap the dish up in aluminum foil and bake the meatballs in the 350-degree oven for thirty minutes and no longer than that. Otherwise, you will get tough meatballs.
3. Remove the meatballs from the oven, scoop them out of the pan into the same pan the penne pasta is in, add in the marinara sauce and combine all the ingredients together.
4. Scoop the mixture into a casserole dish and sprinkle the shredded parmesan cheese on top and toss the sausage meatballs and penne pasta dish back into the 350-degree oven for fifteen minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the dinner is warm.
5. Serve the dinner up with a side of salad or garlic bread for a tasty hearty Italian meal.