I love making homemade pizza for my family and they love eating it. One of the homemade pizzas I made last night was a roasted red bell pepper pizza with red onions and a sprinkle of parsley, salt and pepper on top. It tasted amazing and now I will share this fabulous recipe with all of you so you can make it up too. Best of all, this pizza is healthy to eat and helps get those vegetables into the kiddos.
Homemade Pizza Dough (Homemade Store Bought Pizza Dough is Fine to Use too.)
Cup of Sweet Marinara Sauce
Cup and Half of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (A Shredded Pizza Cheese Blend is Okay to Use too.)
One Red Bell Pepper Chopped Up into Bite Sized Pieces
Half of a Red Onion Finely Chopped
Teaspoon of Dried Parsley
Sprinkle of Salt and Pepper
Grated Parmesan Cheese to Sprinkle on Top (Optional)
Greased Pizza Pan Sprinkled with Cornmeal or a Pizza Stone Sprinkled with Cornmeal
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface or hand toss it in the air if you are clever enough. J
3. Place the rolled out pizza dough onto the pizza pan or stone.
4. Bake the pizza in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
5. Remove the pizza from the oven, slice it up and serve it up hot and gooey for a tasty meal.
If you wait for the pizza to cool for five minutes after coming out of the oven the cheese will not slide off the pizza as you cut it up into slices. After all, you want the cheese and goodness on top of the pizza and not on the side.