Bread bowls are hearty, warm and tasty to have with homemade soups or stews. Best of all, bread bowls are easy to make and easy to fill up. I can honestly say nothing is better to eat on a cold winter night than soup in a bread bowl or stew in a bread bowl.
One Large Pizza Dough or French Bread Dough
1. Cut the large dough in half and roll the halves into dough balls on a floured surface.
2. Place the dough balls onto greased baking sheets that have also been sprinkled with some cornmeal to prevent the breads from sticking to the sheets.
3. Allow the dough balls to rise and double in size for about an hour in a warm moist location.
4. Bake the dough balls off in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
5. Allow the bread to cool for thirty minutes on a cooling wrack.
6. Cut four to six inch wide circles around the top of the round bread loafs using a knife.
7. Pull out a slight bit of the bread from the center of each bread and than you will have your bread bowls.
8. Fill the bread bowls in with your favorite soups or stews for a hearty warm meal.