French toast has to be one of my absolute favorite meals to have for breakfast, but I do not always like French toast as it is with maple syrup poured over it. Instead, I like French toast with warmed sliced cinnamon sugar bananas poured over the top and than drizzled with fresh pure warmed maple syrup. It taste heavenly sweet and is nourishing and filling to the body in the morning when it needs a quick boost of energy to jump-start the day properly.
One Cup of Whole Milk
Two Farm Fresh Eggs
Teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
Cup of Cinnamon Sugar on Hand for Sprinkling
Pinch of Nutmeg
One Ripped Banana Sliced
Bread Slices of Your Choice
Two Tablespoons of Butter
Forth Cup of Maple Syrup
1. Warm a nonstick skillet pan up to 325 to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the milk, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with a wire whisk until you get a custard like yellowish milky liquid.
3. Dip the slices of bread into the milk, egg and vanilla mixture until they are coated in it.
4. Place the slices onto the hot skillet pan and cook on each side for about a minute and a half, or until golden in texture with a slight firmness. You do not want soggy French toast.
5. Once the French toast is cooked, place it onto a plate.
6. Now, take your sliced bananas and toast them into a small frying pan with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar and a pinch of nutmeg along with the butter and sauté on high heat for about three minutes. After, remove the bananas from the burner, pour some maple syrup into the pan with the bananas to slightly warm it and pour all of the sweet banana syrup mixture directly onto the top of your French toast for a tasty breakfast.