I was in need of a new recipe so I created one with hopes it would come out delicious. To my surprise, the recipe was a big hit and now I am here to share it with all of you. The new recipe is tender turkey meatballs in a cranberry orange glaze sauce. It has a meaty tangy, yet sweet flavor with a hint of warm autumn spices.The tasty dish taste amazing along side pureed squash or sweet potatoes.
1 ½ Pounds of Ground Turkey
4 Slices of White Whole Grain Bread Crumbled Up
Tablespoon of Cream
¼ Cup of Bread Crumbs
1 Cup of Dried Cranberries
1 Cup of Orange Marmalade
Two Cups of Chicken Broth
½ Cup of Cranberry Juice
1 Can of Cranberry Sauce
¼ Cup of Orange Juice
¼ Teaspoon of Allspice
½ Teaspoon of Cinnamon
Pinch of Nutmeg
½ Teaspoon of Salt
¼ Teaspoon of Black Pepper
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
Teaspoon of Dried Parsley
Tablespoon or Two of Cornstarch
1. Place the ground turkey, crumbled bread, eggs, and breadcrumbs into a large bowl and combine them together until you get meaty turkey dough. The dough will be soft and mushy. If you want, you can place it into the refrigerator to thicken up a bit so it is easier to handle.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees, grease a deep casserole dish with butter and make some two-inch thick round meatballs. Place the meatballs right into the dish.
3. Once all the meatballs are made, cover the dish up with tin foil and stick it in the oven to back at 350 degrees for thirty minutes, but not any longer than that or you will have tough meatballs.
4. While the meatballs are cooking away in the oven, start making the glaze sauce. To make the sauce pour the spices, chicken broth, juices, cranberry sauce, marmalade, dried cranberries and cornstarch into a large pot. Cook the sauce down until it thickens into a glaze sauce on medium heat for about twenty to thirty minutes.
5. Once the meatballs and sauce is ready, scoop the meatballs up out of the dish, place them into a large cooking pot, and pour in some of the glaze. After, place the pot onto the stove and allow the meatballs to simmer with the glaze and get all-yummy for about twenty minutes.
6. Serve the tasty tender turkey cranberry orange glazed meatballs up with your favorite side dishes for a yummy hearty meal.