A comforting dish my family loves is crock pot stuffed peppers. They are a bit time consuming to make, but if you love cooking and have time to whip up a batch they are well worth making for a beefy dinner that will please all family members.
Six Bell Peppers Red or Green
Two Cups of Cooked White or Brown Rice
2 Pounds of Ground Beef
5 Cups of Sweet Marinara Sauce or Any Tomato Sauce You Have On Hand
Teaspoon Each of Basil, Oregano, Parsley, Sea Salt and Sugar
Teaspoon Each of Black Pepper
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
Two Beef Bouillon Cubes Crushed Up
Half of a Yellow Onion Finely Chopped Up
Three Cloves of Finely Chopped Up Garlic
A Half Cup of Shredded Cheese of Your Choice
Tablespoon of Honey
Margarine or Butter
1. Wash and clean the bell peppers, slice the tops off and remove the core and seeds leaving the bell peppers empty for stuffing with the stuff pepper filling.
2. In a skillet pan brown and scramble up the beef with the finely chopped onion, garlic cloves, spices, herbs and crushed beef bouillon cubes mixed in. Once the beef is well cooked add in the cooked rice, tomato sauce and honey. This will create your filling for the stuff peppers.
3. With the filling, scoop it into each bell pepper until full.
4. Coat the bottom of the crock pot with a layer of thin sauce, a drizzle of vegetable oil and a few spoonfuls of margarine or butter. This will prevent the peppers from sticking to the bottom of crock pot.
5. Carefully place the stuff peppers into the crock pot standing up and drizzle them with more vegetable oil and sprinkle them off with some salt and pepper.
6. Top the peppers off with shredded cheese and turn the crock pot on low heat and allow the beefy stuff peppers to slow cook throughout the day for at least 6 to 8 hours.
7. Serve the stuff peppers up warm for a delicious hearty meal. The peppers will be melt in your mouth tender and the mixture will be filling, sweet, beefy and full of flavor.