Rice crispy treats are a tasty snack for adults and children to snack on anytime. We like our rice crispy treats drizzled in melted chocolate, caramel, shredded coconut and sliced almonds. If this sounds tasty to you, take a look at this delicious treat recipe below.
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Butter
Two Cups of Mini Marshmallow
3 to 4 Cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
1. In a medium saucepan melt the butter than add in the marshmallows and melt them too while constantly stirring. Once the marshmallows are melted it is time to remove the mixture from the burner.
2. Add in the rice cereal and combine it with the melted marshmallow butter mixture. The mixture will become sticky and gooey.
3. Scoop the mixture into a rectangular cookie sheet pan and press it in until you have a nice two inch layer of rice crispy.
4. Optional - Drizzle on some melted chocolate and caramel and sprinkle on some shredded coconut and sliced almonds to make the treat taste extra delicious. (We use melted chocolate chips to make our melted chocolate and melt caramel candies into sauce, but you can use whatever chocolate and caramel you prefer.)
5. Place the pan full of goodness into the refrigerator and chill it for about thirty minutes, or until it hardens slightly.
6. Slice the treats up into bars and eat up for a tasty cereal treat.