1. Place the stick of butter into a large deep sauce like pan and melt it on low heat.
2. Add the flour into the melted butter and create rue.
3. Toss in the sliced green peppers, red peppers and onions and cook until tender. (Takes about 10 minutes)
4. Add the sliced tomatoes into the pot with the tender peppers and onions, along with the spices, herbs, black beans, water, brown sugar, bouillon cubes and tomato sauce and give all the ingredients a good stir together.
5. Simmer these ingredients in the pot for about a half hour until the liquid in the pot reduces in half and thickens with a sweet and spicy favor and super tender vegetables.
6. After the thirty minutes is up, remove the hard shrimp tails from the shrimps and place the shrimps directly into the pot. Combined shrimps with all the other tasty ingredients. Allow the shrimp to mellow in the flavors inside the pot along with the vegetables for 10 minutes. After, you will have a love New Orleans Styled Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Jambalaya like dish to pour over rice.
Making the Rice
Now, choice the desired rice you wish to make and follow the instructions on the back of the rice packaging. You will want to make at least 6 to 8 servings of rice to feed at least 4 to 6 people generously with second helpings available.
Serving up the Shrimp and Rice Dish
The best way to serve up the shrimp and rice dish is to place some tender rice into a bowl and scoop the sweet and spice shrimp jumbo over it and allow the sauce, vegetables and shrimps to mellow in with the rice for a hearty tasty unforgettable meal.