Anytime we have pizza for lunch or dinner, we love indulging in homemade cinnamon knots afterwards. Surprisingly making cinnamon knots is extremely easy and they taste a lot better than the ones you get in pizza joints. Just follow the simple instruction below and you will be on your way to enjoying some cinnamon knots yourself.
Homemade White Pizza Dough
Two Cups of Cinnamon Sugar
Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
Teaspoon of Nutmeg
Stick of Melted Butter
Cookie Sheet Greased Well with Butter
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees.
2. Coat the counter top or dough mat with a sprinkle of flour.
3. Cut the pizza dough up into eight to ten equal parts.
4. Roll each dough part out into log like shapes and twist them into knots as if you would make the first knot when you are tying your shoes.
5. Place the knot onto the greased cookie sheet, brush with melted butter and lightly sprinkle cinnamon and a small amount of nutmeg on top of them.
6. Bake the cinnamon knots in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Remove the cinnamon knots from the oven and brush more melted butter onto them until they are coated well. After, sprinkle tons of cinnamon sugar on top of them until they are coated nicely.
8. Serve the cinnamon knots up warm with some butter cream icing for a tasty dessert or snack.
Butter Cream Icing
To make butter cream icing combine a cup of confectionery sugar with a fourth cup of melted butter, a teaspoon of vanilla extract and a small splash of milk. Combine the ingredients together until you get a creamy slightly thick icing. After, serve your icing up with your cinnamon knots as a tasty treat that is sweetly satisfying.