My most favorite snack to munch on is graham crackers, but not the kind that comes in a box. I like the kind that you make from scratch because they are full of honey graham flavor, a lot healthier than the box kind, and they make excellent homemade smores. To make your own batch of homemade honey graham crackers, simply use my recipe below.
1 ¼ Cups of Wheat Flour
1 ½ Cups of White Flour
½ Cup of Dark Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Ground cinnamon
Pinch of Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
One Stick of Chopped Up Salted Butter
¼ Cup of Honey
¼ to ½ Cup of Warm Water
1. Pour the chopped up butter and honey into the mixer bowl and blend the ingredients together until the butter is soft.
2. Add in the wheat and white flours along with the sugar, spices and baking soda and blend the ingredients together for thirty seconds.
3. Pour in the water; blend the ingredients together with the mixer until a dough ball has formed.
4. Roll the dough ball out onto a floured surface until it is about a ½ inch thick.
5. Slice the rolled out dough into squares using a knife of cookie cutter.
6. Place the dough graham cracker squares onto a well-greased cookie sheet.
7. Poke small holes into the squares using a skewer or fork.
8. Bake the graham crackers in a 350-degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Remove graham crackers from the oven and allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for 2 to 3 minutes.
10. Remove the graham crackers from the cookie sheets onto a cooling wrack.
11. Allow the graham crackers to completely cool.
12. Store the graham crackers in an air tight container until you are ready to eat them up.
Basic Homemade Smores Treat
1. Place some graham crackers out flat onto a baking sheet.
2. Add slices of chocolate onto the graham crackers and top the chocolate off with a large marshmallow.
3. Place under the broiler at 500 degrees for about 1 to 2 minutes or until the marshmallow is bubbly brown.
4. Remove the pan from the oven and top the bubbly marshmallows off with another graham cracker to form some tasty smore treat sandwiches.
You can take homemade graham crackers with you on a camping trip and make your smores the traditional way over a campfire.