In this household, macaroni and cheese is one of our favorite comfort foods to eat. It is filling, nourishing and delicious and most importantly easy to make. Oh, and I am not talking about the box kind either. I am talking about making homemade macaroni and cheese from scratch.
Eight-Ounce Bag of Shredded Macaroni and Cheese Blend
Two Cups of Whole Milk
Four to Five Tablespoons of Butter
Forth Cup of All Purpose Flour
Elbow Macaronis or Penne Pasta (I like to use Penne Pasta)
Half Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
Forth Cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
One Cup of Crushed Cheeze It Crackers or Cheesy Goldfish
1. Cook pasta as directed on the box.
2. In a medium saucepan melt the butter and flour together to create a creamy yellowish mixture. This mixture will help make your creamy cheese sauce.
3. Add in the milk and mix it with the creamy yellowish mixture until the yellowish mixture dissolves.
4. Add in the shredded cheese and melt that into the milky butter mixture in the pan while constantly stirring it all together using a wire whisk until it all thickens into a cream golden cheese sauce.
5. Combine the cheese sauce and cooked pasta together until all the pasta is coated in it.
6 Pour the cheesy pasta into a deep casserole dish and sprinkle on the crushed crackers, panko bread crumbs and grated parmesan cheese.
7. Place the full casserole dish into the oven and bake it at 350 degrees for 30-minutes.
8. Serve the homemade macaroni and cheese up hot as a tasty hearty comforting dinner with your favorite leafy green salads or bread.