Cinnamon French toast sticks are my favorite to have for a delicious hearty breakfast, but I do not eat the kind that come in a box. Instead, I make my own from scratch because they are healthier and much taster than the store bought frozen kind.
1. Slice the bread into thirds with a bread knife on a cutting board to form stick like pieces of bread.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet pan between to temperatures of 325 - 350 degrees. Do not go to high or you will end up with burnt French toast sticks.
3. Crack your eggs into a bowl and add in the milk, cream, spices and vanilla. Then, mix mixture together with a wire whisk until you get a yellowish liquid custard mixture.
4. Deep your bread sticks into the custard mixture and place them right onto the hot skillet pan.
5. Allow the French toast sticks to cook on each side for about 2 - 3 minutes. Use a spatula to flip them with ease.
6. Serve them up with melted butter and cinnamon sugar sprinkled over the top of them with some maple syrup on the side for dipping.
7. Eat up for a delicious cinnamon tasting breakfast that will make your tummy happy.