Once in awhile for dinner we like to make teriyaki steak tips served up with a side of baked potatoes and even a salad. The special tips for making the perfect teriyaki steak tips is to marinate the steak as long as you can so they become full of flavor and you cook them at a medium to high temperature for a maximum of 10-minutes and no longer. If you end up cooking the tips any longer than that, you will get chewy hard tips, which are no fun to each because they literally give your jaw a good workout from chewing.
Instructions for the Teriyaki Steak Tips
1. Find a high quality steak tip cut with good marbling throughout the meat. You will want at least 1 ½ to 2 pounds of meat.
2. You will need one bottle of your favorite teriyaki sauce or you can make your own.
3. Cut up your steak tips into bite sized chunks, toss them into a deep dish and coat them with the sauce well. After, stick them in the refrigerator and allow them to marinate for around 24 to 48-hours. I sometimes do 72-hours.
4. To cook the steak tips heat up a skillet pan on medium to high heat with a tablespoon of olive oil in it. Toss the steak tips into the hot skillet pan and cook them for 7 to 10-minutes. You want the tips at least medium well.
5. Serve the teriyaki steak tips up hot with your favorite side dishes such as baked potatoes, salad or rice. Whatever makes your mouth and tummy happy.
Try adding snow peas or sliced bell peppers in with the steak tips for extra nutrients to help energize the body and keep it healthy!