Learning how to use ground turkey in different recipes has always been a challenge for me, but I finally have discovered a tasty recipe to use my ground turkey meat in, and that is my teriyaki ginger glazed turkey meatballs. Sounds like a unique recipe if you have never paired teriyaki ginger sauce with turkey meatballs before, but I promise you they are delicious and very hearty.
* Two Pounds of 85% Lean Ground Turkey Burger (I use all natural farm raised meat)
* Half Cup of Organic Seasoned Bread Crumbs
* Four Slice of Soft Crumbled Up White Organic Bread
* Tablespoon of Whole Milk
* Two Eggs
* Forth Cup of Diced up Red Bell Pepper
* Forth Cup of Diced up Green Bell Peppers
* Salt & Pepper
* Bottle Large Bottle of Sweet Teriyaki Ginger Sauce (I use the Taste of Inspirations Teriyaki Ginger Sauce)
* Box of Instant White Rice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a deep long and wide casserole dish with butter.
2. Crack open your eggs and add them into a large mixing bowl with the crumbled up white organic bread, milk and spices and create a breaded wet mixture using a fork.
3. Add the breadcrumbs, diced bell peppers and turkey burger into the mixing bowl with the wet breaded mixture and combine the ingredients together until you get turkey dough that will be slightly softer than ground beef, but it should not be mushy. If it is mushy, add in more breadcrumbs to help make the dough a bit firmer.
4. Make two-inch wide and high turkey meatballs using your hands and place them into the greased casserole dish.
5. Bake the meatballs in the 350-degree oven for 30 minutes. Make sure you cover your casserole dish up with tinfoil so the meatballs stay tender instead of drying out and becoming firm.
6. Remove the baked turkey meatballs from the oven. Remove the tinfoil from the dish. Pour the teriyaki ginger sauce over the top of the meatballs and place the dish back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
7. While the meatballs are getting all yummy with the sauce in the oven, wipe up some of that instant rice you have. Simply follow the instructions on the back of the rice box. And, with in no time, you should have some lovely white rice too serve up with the meatballs.
8. By now the white rice and teriyaki ginger glazed turkey meatballs should be done. Simply scoop some white rice into some bowls and serve the teriyaki ginger glazed turkey meatballs right over the top for a healthy tasty meal that will be satisfyingly delicious.