Two Pounds of Chunk Stew Meat
Two Beef Bouillon Cubes
Forth Teaspoon Each of Black Pepper and Salt
Teaspoon Each of Dried Parsley, Basil and Oregano
Two Cups of Traditional Spaghetti Sauce (I use Ragu)
Half Cup of Water
Tablespoon of Sugar
Forth Cup of Worcestershire Sauce
Forth Cup of Cornstarch Liquid to Thicken It Up (Just mix a forth cup of cool water with a tablespoon of cornstarch to create a white liquid)
Two Cups of Baby Carrots
Two Celery Sticks Roughly Chopped Up
Place all the ingredients into a slow cooker, stir them together and allow the stew to slow cook for 6 to 8 hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender and the sauce is thickened. You may adjust the spices, herbs and thickness of your stew to achieve the flavor and thickness you so desire. Once the stew is ready, serve it up over warm creamy garlic mashed potatoes with some honey bun rolls.
Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
6 to 8 Large Potatoes Peeled and Roughly Chopped Up
Pot of Water to Boil them In
1 Tender Oven Roasted Garlic (To roast garlic, place a whole garlic bulb onto a large sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Then, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour, or until tender.)
4 tablespoons of Butter
Forth Cup of Sour Cream
Splash of Milk (About Two to Three Tablespoons)
Sprinkle in Some Salt and Black Pepper
Add in a Teaspoon of Dried Parsley
1. Place the peeled and chopped potatoes into the pot of water, bring them to a roaring boil, allow them to cook and become fork tender.
2. Strain the water from the potatoes and place them back into the hot pot.
3. Squeeze the mushy garlic from the peels into the potatoes.
4. Add in the butter, sour cream, milk, spice and herb.
5. Mash together with a potato masher until you get a smooth creamy thick garlic mashed potatoes with buttery flavor. Serve up with the beef stew and buttery rolls.