Tender juicy spiced Italian sausages slowly cooked in a homemade sweet pepper & onion tomato sauce and served over warm pasta is a comforting dishes that pleases the taste buds and the tummy. It does take a bit of time to make, but it is all worth it.
1. Place the chopped peppers, onions and garlic into a large saucepan with a drizzle of olive oil and a tablespoon or two of butter. Sauté the veggies for about three minutes or until tender on high heat.
2. Toss in the sliced cherry tomatoes with the herbs and spices, combine and cook all the ingredients together for another five minutes on medium heat.
3. Add in the tomato sauce and sugar and give the ingredients a good combine together. Make sure you take a spoon and scoop up some of the sauce to taste it. If the sauce needs more sweetness or flavor, add the desired ingredient you wish until you achieve that flavor and texture you like.
4. Once the sauce has the flavor and texture you wish it too, toss in your sausages, reduce the heat to medium low and allow the sauce to cook with the sausage for twenty minutes.
5. After, the sausages and sauce should be ready to serve up over your favorite cooked tender pasta.