Fruit roll ups are treats many children and even adults love. I know in this household we all love them bunches. However, we do not eat the store bought sugar filled kind packed full of preservatives. Instead, we make our own using freshly picked fruits. Although, store bought, canned and frozen fruits can be used too. They are really simply to make, but you do need a dehydrator machine and a fruit roll up sheet that is an accessory you can find for your particular dehydrator at any kitchen store near you.
1. Chop up your favorite fruits and place them into a blender until the blender is packed full of them.
2. Puree the fruits down into a smoothie like mixture.
3. Carefully place your fruit roll up accessory tray into your dehydrator and carefully pour the pureed fruit into the tray until the tray is full with a nice even layer of fruit.
4. Turn your dehydrator on any temperature you wish and allow the fruit roll up to dry for about 6 to 8 hours or until it because a leathery texture without stickiness.
5. Remove the fruit leather from fruit roll up tray and place it onto a large piece of wax paper and roll it up. Store the fruit roll up in a zip lock back so it stays fresh. If you desire, you can cut the fruit leather up into small pieces and roll those pieces up into wax paper. The wax paper prevents the fruit leather from sticking to container or bag you choose to store it in, which is how the tasty snack got the name of fruit roll up.