My favorite way to make a perfect loaf of white bread is with my bread machine. Although, it does take a small bit of work to get the bread dough going in the machine, but once the dough is just right, the bread machine does the rest of the work for me including the baking part. After, I end up with this lovely warm fresh loaf of bread. A bread that taste heavenly and can be used for a wide variety of different things such as bread and butter slices, homemade crotons, French toast, Panini sandwiches and garlic toast. The list really goes on and on. Sometimes I even slice the bread up into thick slices and make French bread pizza with it. It is so delicious.
If you are in need of an express bake white bread recipe to use on the express setting of your bread machine this just might be the perfect one for you. Follow the simple steps below and soon you will be on your way to having a yummy loaf of bread.
Step #1 Gather Ingredients
1 ½ Cups of Warm Water (The liquid will be added in slowly because you may not use it all.)
3 Tablespoons of Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil
2 Tablespoons of White Sugar
1 ½ Salt
3 ½ Cups of Flour (All this flour wont necessarily be needed.)
5 Teaspoons of Yeast
Step #2 Adding Ingredients into the Bread Pan of the Machine
1. Plug in your bread machine and set the bread pan in place.
2. Add in 3 cups of flour into the bread pan along with the yeast, salt, sugar and oil.
3. Turn the bread machine on and leave the lid open. As the dry ingredients and oil begin to mix, slowly start pouring the water into it. Only do about a cup. Let the warm water mix in with the dry ingredients while scraping the sides of the bread pan down with a spatula to help keep the dry flour from sticking to the sides. If you find the dough needs more water, add a little bit more. If you find the dough needs more flour, add a little bit more as well. Keep doing this until you get smooth dough. Examples are below in the picture :)
4. Shut the lid of the bread machine and allow it to do the rest including the baking. Within in an hour or so you should have homemade fresh bread. You will know the bread is ready because your bread machine should beep to tell you that the baking process is complete.
5. Once the bread is ready, carefully remove the bread pan from the bread machine using potholders. Flip the pan upside down gently onto a cooling wrack or cutting board too gently shake, out the loaf of bread onto. Then, remove the tiny bread loaf attachment piece from the loaf of bread once the bread has cooled.
6. After the bread has cooled, simply slice it up and enjoy it with some butter or however you please.
Bread slices up easier once it has cooled!