Every year, I go apple picking with my partner at Mckenzies Farm and I always pick way too many apples because all the fruits look so good hanging off the tree. With those apples I make applesauce, apple crisp and apple pies. This year, I decided to try making dried cinnamon apple chips. To my surprise the chips come out so delicious I just had to share this recipe with all of you apple lovers too.
1. Take 10 good size ripen apples of your choice. I choose to use Granny Smiths, McIntosh, Galas and Honey Crisps because these apples always have tons of sweetness.
2. Core, Peel and Slice the apples into bite size slices. I use an apple peeling, coring and slicing device, which you can find at your local kitchen store.
3. Place the slices apples in a lemon water solution. I just take a bowl and fill it up with water and two tablespoons of lemon juice and dunk the apple slices into it.
4. Place the apple slices onto your dehydrator trays, sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar and turn your dehydrator on your highest setting and allow your apples to dry for about 8 to 10 hours.
5. Once the apple are dried out you should have chewy apple cinnamon chips to munch on for a healthy snack.
6. Store your apple cinnamon chips in a zip lock baggy or air tight container to keep them fresh.