Cornbread makes a good side dish to mainly stews and chili dishes. However, I like my cornbread to be sweet, buttery and moist, which is why I created the recipe below along with the honey butter spread for extra yummy flavor. Hope you all enjoy this one!
1. In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients together well with a mixing spoon until you, get a golden yellow sweet batter. Takes about a minute to do.
2. Take a loaf pan, grease it up well with butter and sprinkle it with flour. This will prevent the loaf from sticking to the pan.
3. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake the cornbread in the oven at 375 degrees for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until you can stick a toothpick into the center of the loaf and have it come out clean.
4. Remove the bread from the oven once it is baked thoroughly through and leave it on the countertop or cooling wrack to cool for thirty minutes.
5. Serve the cornbread up warm in slices with regular butter or use the honey butter recipe below to create sweet honey butter.
Basic Honey Butter
To make honey butter combine a half cup of soften margarine or unsalted butter with a tablespoon of organic honey. After, enjoy this spread on your homemade cornbread, regular breads, muffins, and all your other baked goods you enjoy sweet buttery spread on.