I love blueberries and my favorite meal is breakfast. One of my most favorite breakfast dishes is blueberry crumble cake. It is so yummy and so filling. It is definitely a comforting dish to help start your morning off happy.
Ingredients Needed for Blueberry Cake
1 ½ Cups of All-Purpose Flour
¾ Cup of White Cane Sugar
1 ½ Teaspoons of Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons of Ground Cinnamon
Pinch of Nutmeg
Pinch of Allspice
½ Cup of Heavy Cream
6 Tablespoons of Butter
1 Farm Fresh Egg
1 ½ Cups of Frozen or Freshly Picked Blueberries
Ingredients Needed for Crumble Cake Topping
1 ½ Cups of Brown Sugar
½ Cup of Flour
4 Tablespoons of Butter
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350-degrees and grease a square deep casserole dish or bunt cake pan. Whatever it is you prefer using.
2. Measure out the flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice and pour them into a mixing bowl.
3. Measure out the heavy cream, butter and egg, and put them into another mixing bowl and beat on medium speed for about a minute. Then, add in the dry ingredients and create a batter. Next, add in the blueberries, but combine them in with a spoon so they do not mush.
4. Spread the batter out into the oven safe dish you have decided to use and after pop it into the oven to bake for 20-minutes. As the cake begins to bake for the first 20-minutes it is time to make the crumble mixture.
5. To make the crumble mixture, melt the butter in a microwave safe dish in the microwave for about 30 to 60 seconds. After, mix in a little bit of flour and brown sugar at a time using your hands until a crumbly mixture starts to form. Once it is ready, set it aside to pour over your cake half way through the baking process.
6. As soon as the first 20-minutes is up on the cake, sprinkle the crumble mixture over the top of it and put it bake into the oven to bake for 20-minutes more or until you can stick a toothpick in the center of it and have it come out clean.
7. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for 30-minutes before serving up. The cake taste best warm, but not hot.