Peaches and cream oatmeal is a healthy hearty breakfast you can make right in the slow cooker overnight. The ingredients necessary to make this recipe are four cups of rolled oats, six cups of any kind of milk or cream, teaspoon of salt, tablespoon of ground cinnamon, forth teaspoon of nutmeg, one cup of honey or maple syrup, and two dozen slices of fresh or canned pitted peaches. All of the ingredients you can find at your local grocery or whole food stores.
Once you have all the ingredients on hand, it is time to carefully measure them out and add them into your slow cooker. Next, combine all the ingredients together and turn the slow cooker on low heat eight hours before bedtime. If you tend to sleep longer than eight hours, turning the slow cooker on a keep warm setting will work just fine for this recipe if the slow cooker you own contains this setting. By morning, you will have a flavorful sweet filling, yet nourishing breakfast that eat up.
If you find that the oatmeal is a bit dry or too thick in consistency when you wake up, adding a small bit of water or milk to the dish will help loosen it up a bit. If you find your slow cooker has left your dish a bit running, adding a forth cup of instant oats to the oatmeal will help thicken it up. Usually, neither of these things occurs with slow cooked oatmeal, but if they do occur, they are easy to fix quickly.
Once you are ready to eat your peaches and cream oatmeal, go ahead, scoop the desired amount into your bowl, and eat as is or top with the toppings of your choice for more flavoring such as spices, salts, sweeteners, milks, fruits or creams.
If you have been searching through all kinds of healthy recipes, but still cannot find a healthy stuff pepper recipe you have come to the right place. Most stuffed pepper recipes ask for ground beef, salted broths, butter, heavy cheeses, process tomato sauces and basic white rice. These particular ingredients contain high amounts of sodium, fats, preservatives, hormones and sugars that can cause health conditions such as autoimmune diseases, cancers and allergies in most people. Instead, try making your stuffed peppers with this healthy alternative recipe.
Nourishing Ingredients Necessary
Directions for Making the Wild Rice Stuff Bell Peppers
My favorite way to make a perfect loaf of white bread is with my bread machine. Although, it does take a small bit of work to get the bread dough going in the machine, but once the dough is just right, the bread machine does the rest of the work for me including the baking part. After, I end up with this lovely warm fresh loaf of bread. A bread that taste heavenly and can be used for a wide variety of different things such as bread and butter slices, homemade crotons, French toast, Panini sandwiches and garlic toast. The list really goes on and on. Sometimes I even slice the bread up into thick slices and make French bread pizza with it. It is so delicious.
If you are in need of an express bake white bread recipe to use on the express setting of your bread machine this just might be the perfect one for you. Follow the simple steps below and soon you will be on your way to having a yummy loaf of bread.
Step #1 Gather Ingredients
1 ½ Cups of Warm Water (The liquid will be added in slowly because you may not use it all.)
3 Tablespoons of Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil
2 Tablespoons of White Sugar
1 ½ Salt
3 ½ Cups of Flour (All this flour wont necessarily be needed.)
5 Teaspoons of Yeast
Step #2 Adding Ingredients into the Bread Pan of the Machine
1. Plug in your bread machine and set the bread pan in place.
2. Add in 3 cups of flour into the bread pan along with the yeast, salt, sugar and oil.
3. Turn the bread machine on and leave the lid open. As the dry ingredients and oil begin to mix, slowly start pouring the water into it. Only do about a cup. Let the warm water mix in with the dry ingredients while scraping the sides of the bread pan down with a spatula to help keep the dry flour from sticking to the sides. If you find the dough needs more water, add a little bit more. If you find the dough needs more flour, add a little bit more as well. Keep doing this until you get smooth dough. Examples are below in the picture :)
4. Shut the lid of the bread machine and allow it to do the rest including the baking. Within in an hour or so you should have homemade fresh bread. You will know the bread is ready because your bread machine should beep to tell you that the baking process is complete.
5. Once the bread is ready, carefully remove the bread pan from the bread machine using potholders. Flip the pan upside down gently onto a cooling wrack or cutting board too gently shake, out the loaf of bread onto. Then, remove the tiny bread loaf attachment piece from the loaf of bread once the bread has cooled.
6. After the bread has cooled, simply slice it up and enjoy it with some butter or however you please.
Bread slices up easier once it has cooled!
Cinnamon sticky buns are a real hit in this home. Nothing is better than a warm gooey sweet cinnamon roll with an oozy sticky cream cheese icing over the top so a sweet morning treat. They seem like they would be tricky to make, but in all honesty cinnamon sticky buns are super easy. However, they do take a bit of time to make. Although once your treats are ready to eat, you will be more than happy, you did. To make some of the best and simplest cinnamon buns you have ever had follow the recipe and steps below.
The first step to making the best cinnamon buns ever is having the best buttery dough possible. I prefer making mine from scratch, but you could use crescent roll dough from the grocery store. However, store bought dough does not make these treats as yummy. So, if you want the perfect buttery dough follow the instructions below.
Buttery Dough Recipe
Instructions for Making Butter Dough in a Bread Machine
1. Pour dry ingredients into the bread machines bread pan.
2. Plug in the bread machine and turn it onto the dough menu setting.
3. Add in the egg and melted butter.
4. Press the start button to the bread machine to begin mixing the ingredients together.
5. Add in the milk and water slowly. Make sure you alternate. A little bit of warm water first and next a bit of milk. Do this until your dough ball forms and pulls away from the sides. If you find the dough gets mushy, do not panic! Just add a little bit of flour. You want your dough to have a smooth appearance. After, let the dough do its thing in the bread machine. The bread machine will knead and punch the dough around for about an hour to get all that goodness going on inside of it. Once the dough is ready, the bread machine will beep. Then it is onto the next step. By the way, you buttery dough should have a slight yellowy color and be smooth and elastic like in texture.
Step #2 Rolling It All Out
Now, you want to flour the counter top surface where you will be rolling out your buttery dough. I use a dough mat for easier clean up, but you do not have too. It is totally optional.
Next, dump the smooth dough out onto the floured surface and roll it out until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Make sure it rolls out even and kind of in a rectangular shape. After, it is onto the next step so get excited!
Step #3 Let's Sprinkle on the Goodness
Now, it is time for the cinnamon sticky bun filling. THE CINNAMON SUGAR! You need to sprinkle on a good even layer of cinnamon sugar all over the surface of the dough. I use about a 1/2 cup to a cup of cinnamon sugar, but you can use more or less. I just find those amounts work the best.
Step #4 Let's Get Rolling!
Are you ready? It is time to roll the dough up tightly like the photo below until you get a long cinnamon sugar filled log. So, keep rolling, rolling, rolling!
Step #5 Let's Butter It Up!
Next, seal the folds of the dough shut by brushing melted butter onto them. Look below at the next pic for an example.
Step #6 Slice it Up Baby!
Now, it is time to slice that log into halves. Next, slice those halves into halves. Do this until you end up with eight good sized even doughy cinnamon rolls. You may trim the ends of the log before you begin to make it easier. The ends can be skinny and uneven. Just make sure you get eight thick even sized little cinnamon bun logs. Just look at the pictures below for an example.
Step #7 Let's Get Greasy!
Next, butter up a deep rectangular casserole dish. I like to use my Pyrex one! Make sure the dish is coated well. Then, place your right cinnamon logs cinnamon swirl side up in the dish about 2 to 3-inches apart just like in the photo below.
Step #8 Time to Rest & Rise Up!
Then, it is time to place them in a warm area to rest and rise up so they can double in size for about an hour. I like to place mine in my oven on the warm setting. If you are blessed to have a warm setting on your oven I suggest you use it. If not, it's okay just set them aside to rest and puff up for an hour. Once they are risen enough they will look like the photo below.
Step #9 Time for Baking
Place the risen cinnamon buns into a 350-degree oven to bake for about 20-minutes or until lightly golden brown. After, remove them from the oven, leave them in the pan and allow them to cool for a good 20-minutes.
Step #10 Time for the Sweetness
While the cinnamon sticky buns are cooling you can make the cream cheese icings that goes over the top of them, or you could use store bought. Again, I think homemade is best so I make my own homemade cream cheese icing. If you want a yummy cream cheese icing just follow the recipe below.
Cream Cheese Icing Recipe
8-ounces of Cream Cheese
2 to 3 cups of Confectionery Sugar (Also known as powdered sugar!)
1/4 Cup of Heavy Cream (You can use whole milk instead!)
2 Tablespoons of Butter
Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1. Place the cream cheese, butter, cream and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl with about a cup of confectionery sugar and get these ingredients well blended together to help dissolve some of the sugar. Then, add in a little bit of sugar each time until the icing begins to thicken. You want the icing almost thick like a frosting, but with a sweet cheesy flavor. You may add and adjust ingredients as you go. Sometimes you may need to add more cream and other times you may fine you need a little bit more sugar. Eventually you should end up with an icing that looks just like the one in the picture below.
Step #11 Sweetness Meeting Sweetness
All that is left to do is frost those cinnamon sticky buns up with the icing with them are slightly warm to make them extra tasty and gooey with sweetness. Then, eat them up! Yummy in the tummy!
Are you looking for a new healthy breakfast recipe? If so, this scrambled spinach egg white and goat cheese dish might be up your ally. It has protein, fiber, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants to help keep that body full of life, lean, and healthy.
Organic Ingredients Needed
Three Egg Whites (Rich in Protein)
Handful of Frozen Spinach or Fresh (Loaded with Fiber, Antioxidants, Vitamins and Minerals)
Goat Cheese (Rich in Healthy Fats, Minerals, Vitamins and Enzymes)
Black Pepper (Natural Digestive Aid, Packed with Vitamins and Minerals, Acts as a Natural Pain Reliever)
Forth Teaspoon of Raw Organic Unsalted Butter (Rich in Vitamins A and E Needed for Healthy Bones, Teeth and Skin)
Heat up small skillet pan with a little bit of butter in it. This will help prevent the egg whites from sticking to the pan. Add in the frozen spinach and heat that up in the pan for about a minute. Add in the egg whites and begin to scramble on low heat until cooked and mixed in with the spinach well. Scoop the scrambled egg whites into a serving dish and sprinkle goat cheese and black pepper on top. Next, eat up for a health nourishing quick meal that should only take you less than ten-minutes to make.
A great way to get your serving of protein, vegetable, fruit and grain into your diet is by cooking up and eating up a beef and veggie stir-fry with mangoes and teriyaki sauce served over white rice. It is full of savory and sweet flavor and is sure to satisfy your taste buds and tummy.
Stir-Fry Beef or Steak Tips Cut into Strips
Sliced Bell Peppers of Any Color (I use red, orange and green)
Two Mangoes Peeled and in Bite Sized Chunks
Two Carrots Peeled and Sliced Up into Round Bite Sized Pieces
Cup of Frozen Water Chestnuts
Couple Handfuls of Chopped up Broccoli
Couple of Handfuls of Snow Peas
Bottle of Organic Honey Teriyaki Sauce (You could make a homemade one instead)
White or Brown Rice (Get enough to serve however many people will be at your table for dinner)
1. Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil to a wok, place the wok onto the stove burner and turn it on medium heat to get it hot.
2. As soon as the wok is hot toss in the beef, veggies and mangoes. Cook these ingredients up until the beef is cooked and the veggies and mangoes have a nice sautéed appearance to them. This takes about 5 to 7-minutes.
3. Cook up the type of rice you want as the stir-fry is cooking or before handle. Follow the cooking instructions that come with the type of rice you decided to use.
4. Once the stir-fry and rice are ready, scoop some rice into bowls or onto plates and serve the stir-fry over the top. Next, drizzle the honey teriyaki sauce over the top and enjoy a tasty meaty stir-fry that will nourish you and fill you up.
Healthy eating is vital in order to keep the body functioning at its highest levels or performance. Munching on junk foods is a sure way to lower your bodies overall health causing you to feel drained, overweight and sick all the time with various illnesses and other terrible health conditions. A nourishing snack, that will help treat your sweet tooth and keep your body healthy is a homemade banana spilt yogurt cup snack. It is packed full of protein, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that will help energize the body and keep it healthy.
Organic Ingredients Needed
One Banana Peeled and Sliced Up (Contains Vitamins, Minerals, Fiber and Healthy Fats)
Tablespoon of Crushed Walnuts (Contains Healthy Fats and Protein)
2 Tablespoons of Dark Chocolate Chips (Contains Antioxidants)
1 Cup of Greek Vanilla Yogurt (Contains Protein, Vitamins, Minerals and Healthy Fats)
Place the yogurt into a dish and place the sliced up bananas on top. Sprinkle the walnuts and chocolate chips over the top and it will be all ready to eat up for a dish healthy sweet treat that is much better for you than that actual unhealthy banana split you get at the ice cream shop.
Whenever you want a spicy healthy meal, try a buffalo chicken salad. It contains protein, vegetables, vitamins, minerals and tons of fiber, which the body needs to stay healthy and strong. Best of all, this dish is easy to make and is full of tasty flavor that will treat that spicy craving of yours.
Four Chicken Cutlets or Things (I prefer thighs because they stay tender and juicy)
Buffalo Chicken Rub (I use the Taste of Inspirations Buffalo Rub from Hannafords)
Cherry Tomatoes Sliced in Halves
Cucumber Peeled and Sliced Up (Keep the skin on if you prefer more fiber and nutrients)
Cup of Croutons
¼ Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 Heads of Romaine Lettuce Red or Green Washed and Chopped Up
Bottle of Ranch Dressing
1. Pre-heat oven to 400-degrees.
2. Pour 2-cups of Panko Bread Crumbs and 4-tablespoons of the buffalo chicken rub into a ziplock bag and seal the bag up. Then, give the bag a good shake to combine the ingredients together.
3. Next, crack the eggs into a bowl and scramble them together with a fork until you get a yellowy egg mixture, which you will use to dip the chicken in so the breadcrumbs stick to it, well.
4. Rinse the chicken down, dip it into the eggs wash and after place it in the bag of rub. Next, seal the bag up, give the bag a good shake to help coat the chicken. After, place the chicken onto a cookie sheet and do these steps again to help season the rest of your chicken.
5. Once your cookie sheet is filled with seasoned buffalo chicken, place the pan into the oven and bake the chicken at 400-degrees for 30-minutes.
6. As the chicken bakes in the oven, create the salad by putting the chopped up romaine lettuce in a casserole dish and top it off with the tomatoes and cucumber slices and sprinkle the croutons and cheddar cheese on top.
7. After the chicken has been baked to perfection, allow it too cool on the countertop for 10-minutes before slicing it up and tossing it onto the salad.
8. Once the chicken is cooled and sliced up, place it on top of the salad and serve the salad up into dishes with a side of ranch dressing to drizzle on for some extra yummy flavor. Then, eat the salad up to fill that tummy up.
If you have left over buffalo chicken salad you can scoop it into a wrap and make a buffalo chicken salad wrap for a quick nourishing lunch.
I woke up this morning after sleeping 15-hours straight for some odd reason and decide I wanted to make chocolate chip muffins for breakfast. I must say the muffins came out delicious and hit the spot for me. I love chocolate chip muffin mornings and if you want to have some yourself just follow the simple recipe below.
Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
6 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
¾ Cup of White Cane Sugar
1 ½ Teaspoons of Baking Powder
1 ½ Cups of All Purpose Flour
½ Cup of Whole Milk
Cup of Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips
1. In a large mixing bowl, using a mixing device beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract together until you get a creamy butter sugary mixture. Takes about a minute.
2. Add in your egg and beat for another thirty seconds.
3. Add in your flour, baking soda and milk and beat for another minute.
4. Add in the chocolate chips and stir them into your batter using a spoon until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
5. Pre-heat oven to 375-degrees, get out muffin pan and line it with muffin liners.
6. Scoop some of the chocolate chip muffin batter into the muffin liners until each muffin cup is full.
7. Bake the muffins for twenty-five to thirty-minutes in the oven at 375-degrees.
8. Remove muffins from the oven and place them onto a cooling wrack to cool for about five-minutes before serving them up warm. I find the wrapper is much easier to get off the muffins once they have set up and cooled a bit.
Most everyone loves the classic American chocolate chip cookie, but why not switch it up and make a batch of peanut buttercup chocolate chip cookies instead. They are full of the yummy chocolate flavor you all love but with a but of peanut butter and peanut buttercups blended in for an extra scrumptious treat you wont be able to stop eating.
1 Cup of Salted Butter
¾ Cup of Crunchy Peanut Butter
1 Cup of Sugar
1 Cup of Dark Brown Sugar
Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
2 ¼ cups and 2 Tablespoons of All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1 ½ Cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 ½ Cups of Mini Reese’s Peanut Buttercups
1. Pre-heat oven to 375-degrees, and get the cookie sheets out and ready to go. Spray them with non-stick spray if you have to.
2. Place butter, peanut butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl and beat ingredients together until you get a creamed butter mixer. This takes about a minute.
3. Add in the flour and baking soda and beat that into the mixture for another minute.
4. Add and mix in the chocolate chips and Reese’s Peanut Buttercups until you get cookie dough with chocolate chunks and peanut butter throughout.
5. Take tablespoon-sized scoops of the cookie dough, place them onto the cookie sheets 2-inches apart and bake the cookies in the oven for 8 to 10-minutes or until golden brown, but not dark brown. You want the cookies soft and chewy.
6. Remove cookies from oven and allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for about an hour before removing them onto a cooling wrack.
7. Serve the cookies up warm with your favorite beverage or store them away in a plastic container or cookie jar to help keep them fresh until you are ready to eat them.
If your cookies come out flat, stop baking up the dough and refrigerate it for about an hour. This will help give the cookies a thick chewy soft texture instead of flat like a crepe with a crispy texture.