A homemade clay mask can be beneficial to the skin because of its abilities to purify, firm, tone, exfoliate, nourish and cleanse the skin naturally. Using a homemade clay mask a few times a month can even help prevent acne breakouts, blackheads and dull skin. You will even notice how glowing and soft skin can become with only one use of a clay mask.
* ½ cup of English clay powder
* ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
* 2 drops of tea tree oil
* 2 drops of lavender oil
* 1 tablespoon of honey
* Medium glass mixing bowl
* Plastic mixing spoon
* Clean jar with lid
1. Place the English clay powder, apple cider vinegar, essential oils and honey into the glass bowl.
2. Combined the ingredients together with a spoon until you get a creamy smooth wet blue green clay mask.
3. Scoop the mask into a clean jar and place on the lid.
4. Store the homemade clay mask in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
How to Use Clay Mask
1. Wash and rinse down face and skin well with a cleanser and warm water.
2. Pat skin dry.
3. Apply the clay mask onto the skin using your fingertips until the face is coated in a thick even layer of the mask.
4. Allow the mask to stay on for 25 minutes, or until dry and caked.
5. Remove the mask with plenty of warm water and a cotton cloth.
6. Apply a facial moisturizer to face and skin to prevent it from drying out after using the mask.
1. If the clay mask mixture is too dry add one tablespoon more of apple cider vinegar.
2. If the clay mixture is too wet add more clay powder until you get the desire thickness you want.
3. Storing the clay facial mask in the refrigerator after each use will preserve it to up to a month.
1. Do not use this mask on irritated skin because it can irritate it even more.
2. Do not use the essential oils in the mask if you are allergic to them.